Rose Colored Glasses

Years ago someone very close to me once ( or actually several times) said that I viewed life through "Rose Colored Glasses." While that may have been true then, I have found that sometimes life needs a little help to look better than the hard realities that we face day in and day out. I have discovered over the years that we all need encouragement that we are not in this alone. We only get to live this life once and I want my life , imperfect that it is, to be an encouragement for those around me. Do I get it right every single day?!?........."Absolutely not!!!!" But "His mercies are new every morning," and for that I am eternally grateful and forever hopeful "rose colored glasses" and all.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Long time no blog

I can't believe that it's been more than a month since I have been on this blog. So much water has gone under the bridge since then. We have celebrated the resurrection of our sweet Lord. We experienced the horrible tornadoes that swept through our area on April 27 causing so much devastation and destruction. These terrible storms will be felt for years to come. So many lost everything they had, and other's their very lives. We were so blessed to be spared. I don't understand why things like this happen..... but I do know that nothing comes to us until it has been filtered through God's hands. In the wake of all this devastation, it has been so heartwarming to see how people have rallied to help those affected. We need to continue to pray for those so horribly touched by these storms.
A couple of weeks ago I had the good fortune to get a free trip to the beach with my good friend Laura, her daughter Emily, and Emily's friend, Anna. It was 2 days of gorgeous sunshine, fresh salt air, clear aqua blue water, and white sandy beaches.....not to mention good "girl" talk, lots of junk food, tons of laughter, and awesome seafood!! It was a great trip with some great girls. I am so blessed to have some wonderful girl friends. Friends that love you when you are not lovable.....friends that
love you even when you snore...friends that love you enough not to let you stay in the pit that you might be wallowing in. There are so many things that I love about being a woman, and one of the biggest things, is that we can have the friendships that we do with other women. I just can't imagine what my life would be like without my "girlfriends"!!
Last Saturday, I got to be with my mom at her 50 year class reunion. It was fun to watch all her classmates mix and mingle...women giggling like school girls....men telling tall tales.....just watching as they shared school memories and caught up on yesteryear......and then my sweet man, babygirl, and I went to homecoming at our old church on Sunday. We had a great time of food and fellowship.....not to mention some mighty fine preaching and good ole southern gospel music.....it felt like "coming home." This is the place where we, as young adults, came back to Jesus.....it is the place where we watched our precious children walk the aisle and profess their faith in Jesus Christ.....it is the place where we forged lifetime friendships with people we view more as family than friends.
I am going to make a real effort to be more diligent with my blogging. In the meantime.........have a good week!!! Life is good.....enjoy it!!

No comments: