Rose Colored Glasses

Years ago someone very close to me once ( or actually several times) said that I viewed life through "Rose Colored Glasses." While that may have been true then, I have found that sometimes life needs a little help to look better than the hard realities that we face day in and day out. I have discovered over the years that we all need encouragement that we are not in this alone. We only get to live this life once and I want my life , imperfect that it is, to be an encouragement for those around me. Do I get it right every single day?!?........."Absolutely not!!!!" But "His mercies are new every morning," and for that I am eternally grateful and forever hopeful "rose colored glasses" and all.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!!

We made it back from our cruise safe and sound, albeit with a little more than we left with ( and I'm not talking about purchases or luggage!)  Just let me say that I looked around to see if the buffet had been prepared when I got up this morning in Carrollton, Alabama.  For five days, I have been subjected to more temptation than I would have believed......but man was it good!!  We had a great time........the boat was great, our suite was fabulous and quiet roomy with our own balcony for private viewing of the never ending ocean. I have never seen so much food in my entire life and being the southern girl that I am, I couldn't risk offending anyone by not partaking of such a fabulous feast as often as I could.  It was tough, but somebody had to do it.....from what I observed there were many who shared my concern of not offending!!  Might I say, that even though we had a great week........good food, good entertainment, awesome weather, and beautiful surroundings......getting home always feels so good.  Of course there were no "towel creations" or chocolates on my turned down bed last night, but the feeling of crawling in my own bed felt pretty danged good!!   This was a wonderful week for us and something I hope we get to do again someday!  We may have to start a "Cruise Club" in place of a "Christmas Club."  For those of you who have never done the cruise thing, I highly recommend it!!  It was well worth the 30 year wait.  Well, it's time to get back to the real world........I did not detect any wonderful aromas coming from my kitchen as I sat down to blog, though my man did prepare a mighty fine lunch for us today.  I think he could tell by looking at me that I wasn't quiet ready to let go of my "vacation" week.  Anyway, the water is boiling so I must be on my way to prepare whatever culinary delight I can come up with being that I haven't been to the grocery store in about two weeks.  Hope you have a great week.

No comments: