Rose Colored Glasses

Years ago someone very close to me once ( or actually several times) said that I viewed life through "Rose Colored Glasses." While that may have been true then, I have found that sometimes life needs a little help to look better than the hard realities that we face day in and day out. I have discovered over the years that we all need encouragement that we are not in this alone. We only get to live this life once and I want my life , imperfect that it is, to be an encouragement for those around me. Do I get it right every single day?!?........."Absolutely not!!!!" But "His mercies are new every morning," and for that I am eternally grateful and forever hopeful "rose colored glasses" and all.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sailing Away

My sweet man surprised me on our 30th anniversary with tickets for a cruise.  We made the crazy choice to get married on December 27th, 1980.....the getting married wasn't the crazy part.....choosing two days after Christmas was.  It sounded so romantic at the time.  What we have discovered over this 30 years is that more times than not, that day just gets swept up in the holiday craziness, and we hardly even realize that we've had an anniversary.  We have always tried to do something to celebrate our special day, even if it's three weeks later than the actual date.  But for this momentous occasion, we celebrated the actually day with our girls.  We went out to dinner and then to "Sips and Strokes" to paint.  Tony was a really good sport about that, being the only man in a room of about 50+ women. It was quite entertaining!!!  Back to the cruise though......we sail tomorrow for five days.  We will board in Mobile and then have stops in Cozumel and Calica.  I am so excited!!!!!!!  For a country girl from Pickens County.......this will be a treat!!  From what I have heard about the food.....I'm thinking that we will bring back more of us than we are leaving with.  I know that they have exercise facilities on board, and I wish I would be motivated enough to use the equipment, but given the choice of "all you can eat food, and all you can exercise facilities"....hmmm, which do you think we will do?!?!  I'm just sayin'! 
Anyway, I can hardly wait to get there.....hopefully I will have many a story to tell when we return. 
Hope you all have a great week!!

No comments: