Rose Colored Glasses

Years ago someone very close to me once ( or actually several times) said that I viewed life through "Rose Colored Glasses." While that may have been true then, I have found that sometimes life needs a little help to look better than the hard realities that we face day in and day out. I have discovered over the years that we all need encouragement that we are not in this alone. We only get to live this life once and I want my life , imperfect that it is, to be an encouragement for those around me. Do I get it right every single day?!?........."Absolutely not!!!!" But "His mercies are new every morning," and for that I am eternally grateful and forever hopeful "rose colored glasses" and all.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blessings

I have pity parties!! Big surprise...I know!!! The thing about pity parties is that you are the only one who shows up, unless perhaps your man or an offspring happen to try to crash the party. Then you have to get really ugly and throw them out. I don't plan and organize for these pathetic events, they just sortof throw themselves together and before you know it, I'm smack dab in the middle of an all day "poor, pitiful me" celebration. I have had several melancholy days since this "50th" birthday a couple of weeks ago. I don't really know why.......I don't know if I've done everything I should have done............probably not............pretty sure I haven't done everything that I have wanted to do........but let me say, I have had a wonderful life!!! I have made some major mistakes...........I have done some really stupid things.......anything good I have done, is only by the very grace of God. He has blessed me in so many ways, but one that I'm resting on tonight is "friends." Not just casual "how do you do?" friends, but friends who will give up precious Saturday time to surprise me with a "birthday" lunch! That's what happened today. I have been so blessed by making some very special friends in my life. There is no describing how very precious these women are to me. They are the kindof women who would drop whatever they are doing to help, not just me, but anyone who needed them. They are wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and though we share many of these same roles.......our biggest common ground is our sisterhood in Christ. HE is what brought us together to start with!! He brought us together because He knew that we needed each other. I cannot imagine my life without these precious women! And fun.....did I mention that? They are a blast!! We can laugh with and at each other and it's all good!! There is something so very special about the friendships of women. I am so very, very thankful for these blessings in my life!! Thank you sweet friends, for making this "50" year old woman feel so loved and special today! I love you!!

No comments: