Rose Colored Glasses

Years ago someone very close to me once ( or actually several times) said that I viewed life through "Rose Colored Glasses." While that may have been true then, I have found that sometimes life needs a little help to look better than the hard realities that we face day in and day out. I have discovered over the years that we all need encouragement that we are not in this alone. We only get to live this life once and I want my life , imperfect that it is, to be an encouragement for those around me. Do I get it right every single day?!?........."Absolutely not!!!!" But "His mercies are new every morning," and for that I am eternally grateful and forever hopeful "rose colored glasses" and all.

Friday, March 2, 2012

It's My Birthday!!!

It's here and almost gone again......my birthday!!! I looked in the mirror this morning when I got up, and I looked the same today at 50 as I did yesterday at 49. Had a good case of "bedhead", or as Tony would call it "the doll in the bottom of the toybox" look. You know that pitiful looking, well loved doll that has that matted up, ratty looking hair. Picture that, and slightly swollen eyes and you can get a pretty clear idea of what I saw in the mirror...I realize more every day how quickly time passes. I realize that I am so blessed in my life. I have had such a great birthday. It started off very relaxing....having a rare morning to leisurely drink coffee without having to rush around to get out the door to work was awesome. Jodi and I had a day of fun. We splurged on mani/pedi's, lunch and shopping. I came home to sweet cards, numerous facebook birthday greetings and wait for it............cake and icecream!!! Heavenly days, does it get any better than that?!? This is a girl who loves some birthday cake and icecream. I tell you, I am one blessed 50 year old today!! I feel so thankful for the life I have. I so often take it, and those that I love for granted. This has been a sad week.....earlier this week a beloved family member of someone I hold dear, passed away very unexpectedly in the prime of his life......another friend watched the heavenly "homegoing" of her precious 85 year old mother. My North Carolina children experienced deep grief over the tragic death of their beloved puppy. While I know that a pet cannot be compared to a mother, husband, father or child.....it is still a "family member" so to speak, and plays a very important part in our lives. For those of you who have experienced the loss of a well loved pet, you know of which I speak.....for those who don't....you're missing something very special. Death is hard.....it's meant to be. It always stands to remind us that this life as we know it is temporary!! We need to fix our sight on the things above......while doing that, love on those we are blessed to have in our lives. Happy Weekend everybody!!

No comments: